National Small Business Week for 2017 runs from Sunday, April 30 through Saturday, May 6. During this time, the Internal Revenue Service will promote many online products to help small business owners and those who are self-employed understand their tax responsibilities.
Here are just a few among dozens of useful IRS products in the spotlight for this year’s National Small Business Week that can be found at http://www.irs.gov:
1. Sharing Economy Tax Center. This special webpage provides fast answers to tax questions, as well as links and forms for the sharing economy. People who use one of the many online platforms to engage in this type of business, such as renting a spare bedroom, providing car rides or providing many other goods or services, are involved in the sharing economy. Topics include filing requirements, rules for home rentals and business expenses.
2. Self-Employed Individuals Tax Center. Taxpayers will find the Self-Employed Individuals Tax Center to be a great resource for sole proprietors and others who are in business for themselves. This site has many handy tips and references to tax rules a self-employed person may need to know. In addition to many other subjects, taxpayers will find information on:
• How to Make Quarterly Payments.
• Requirements for Information Returns.
• How to File an Annual Return.
• Business Structures.
• Qualified Joint Ventures
3. Small Business and Self-Employed Tax Center. This online information center features links to a wealth of useful tools, including Small Business Taxes: The Virtual Workshop and common IRS forms with instructions. Find help on everything from how to get an Employer Identification Number online to how to engage with the IRS during an audit. The IRS Tax Calendar for businesses and Self-Employed is a convenient, at-a-glance resource designed to show key tax dates for businesses.
For more information about how these IRS products relate to your business, please call our office today.
Source: Small Business Week Tax Tip 2017-01 http://www.irs.gov
If you have questions about starting, growing, protecting, understanding business taxes, or selling your small business, please contact us. As a CPA, Certified Business Advisor, Small Business Consultant, and Advanced Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor, we specialize in working with small business owners and provide tax, accounting, financial analysis, business planning, and small business advisory services. For more information, call (727) 391-7373 or else visit us on the web at http://www.LindaStortzCPA.com.