When thinking about marketing for your business, you’ll need to start with your USP, or unique selling proposition. Creating a USP will help you to have an advantage over your competition, will differentiate your services from theirs, and will help you to stand out from all the rest.
An effective USP can help to:
1. Include a benefit that your competitors don’t offer.
2. Make a promise that will catch the attention of your potential clients.
3. Set your business apart from the competition by being unique.
In creating your USP, start with asking yourself and your team members the following questions:
1. What business are we in?
2. What is our target market, or our current clients and our desired clients?
3. Who is our competition?
4. What slogans are our competitors using to promote their brand?
5. What makes us unique?
6. What unique benefits do we offer our clients that no one else does?
Once you’ve answered these questions, you’re ready to start creating your USP.
Here are three successful examples that you all have heard before:
1. “The milk chocolate that melts in your mouth, not in your hand.” (M&Ms)
2. “We’re number two. We try harder.” (Avis)
3. “You get fresh hot pizza delivered to your door in 30 minutes or less or it’s free.” (Domino’s Pizza)
So, what’s your USP for your business?
If you need help in creating your own unique USP, we can help you. As a CPA, Accredited Small Business Consultant, and Advanced Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor, we specialize in working with small business owners just like you and provide tax, accounting, financial analysis, management, business planning, and small business advisory services. We can help you to start, manage, and grow a successful small business. For more information, call (727) 391-7373 or else visit us on the web at http://www.LStortzCPA.com.