With the year 2015 fast coming to a close, maybe you’re thinking of starting your own business in January, 2016. You know that you have the experience and the passion to launch a business of your own. But before you do, here are 20 questions to ask yourself to make sure you’re thinking about the right key business decisions.
1. Why am I starting a business?
2. What kind of business do I want?
3. Who is my ideal customer?
4. What products or services will my business provide?
5. Am I prepared to spend the time and money needed to get my business started?
6. What differentiates my business idea and the products or services I will provide from others in the market?
7. Where will my business be located?
8. How many employees will I need?
9. What types of suppliers do I need?
10. How much money do I need to get started?
11. Will I need to get a loan?
12. How soon will it take before my products or services are available?
13. How long do I have until I start making a profit?
14. Who is my competition?
15. How will I price my product compared to my competition?
16. How will I set up the legal structure of my business?
17. What taxes do I need to pay?
18. What kind of insurance do I need?
19. How will I manage my business?
20. How will I advertise my business?
If you have any questions about starting your own business and need help in clarifying your business plans, please call our office today. As a CPA, Accredited Small Business Consultant, and Advanced Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor, Linda specializes in working with small business owners and provides tax, accounting, financial analysis, management, planning, and small business advisory services. She can help you to start, manage, and grow a successful small business. Call her today at (727) 391-7373 or else visit her on the web at http://www.LStortzCPA.com.