1. Adjust Your Thermostat – The recommended energy saving temperatures are 68°F in the winter and 75°F in the summer.
2. Alter Your Water Heater Temperature – You can lower the temperature to 120°F for significant saving without compromising your hot water.
3. Let Your Technology Sleep – Use sleep mode for computers, printers and copiers when they are not in use. To save even more, unplug any device that you aren’t using.
4. Turn Off The Lights – If you’re not in a room, turn off the lights. Lighting a room without occupants wastes energy and money.
5. Limit Personal Appliances – When employees start bringing personal appliances such as space heaters and coffee makers into the office, it really impacts the power bill. Talk to your employees about limiting extra appliances or else implement a written office policy prohibiting their use.
As a CPA, Accredited Small Business Consultant, and Advanced Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor, we mentor small business owners to empower them with the knowledge and skills to run a successful business. Allow us to evaluate your small business needs. Give us a call today at (727) 391-7373 or visit us at http://www.LStortzCPA.com and http://www.tampabayaccountingservices.com